Your Evaluation Includes:
- Family History
- Personal Medical History
- Cardiovascular Physical Examination
- Current Status of: Smoking, Alcohol Intake, Physical Activity, Medications
- Blood Pressure
- Pulse (to detect any irregularity of the heart rate/rhythm)
- Resting EKG
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- BodyStat Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA) measurement of fat, lean body mass and metabolism
- Waist / Hip Circumference Ratio
- Laboratory Testing:
- Fasting Lipoprotein Profile (Total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, VLDL, Triglycerides)
- Cardiovascular Risk Markers (CRP-HS)
- Metabolic Profile for Diabetes, Liver, Kidney, Bone and Electrolytes
- Thyroid Function
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)
- Carotid Artery Doppler Ultrasound Screening for presence of plaque
- Echo and Stress Echocardiograms, when indicated
- Holter Monitoring for evaluation of irregular heartbeat, when indicated
Women throughout Southern California have been inspired, empowered and changed by their involvement in the Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention Program.
If you would like to know more about how the Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention Program can reduce your risk for heart attack and stroke, and improve your health and sense of well being, please call Dr. Gordon Gunn at (714) 912-2211 to schedule an appointment.
Dr. Gordon Gunn also proudly serves Fullerton, Buena Park, La Mirada, Yorba Linda, Diamond Bar, Walnut, and surrounding areas.