Most people think that heart disease is a problem only for men. However, more woman than men dies from heart disease every year. Woman need to understand their risks and symptoms to reduce their chances of heart disease. Dr. Gordon Gunn of Fullerton, CA wants you to be aware of the risks heart disease and the things you can do to reduce that risk.
Besides the common risks for heart disease like high cholesterol, high blood pressure and obesity, other factors may play a role in the development of heart disease in women.
- Low levels of estrogen after menopause.
- Smoking – greater risk factor than in men
- Stress and depression – affects woman’s heart more than men’s
- Metabolic syndrome – fat around your abdomen, high blood pressure and high blood sugar shows a greater impact on woman’s hearts than men.
What you can do to reduce your risk of heart disease.
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Quit smoking
- Eat a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol
Woman’s health differs from that of a man’s and requires its own special attention with proper diet, exercise and overall health and wellness.
Contact Dr. Gordon Gunn today at (714) 912-2211 to schedule an appointment.
Dr. Gordon Gunn also proudly serves Buena Park, La Mirada, Yorba Linda, Diamond Bar, Walnut, and surrounding areas.